Friday, August 15, 2008

I really thought I could do it. I thought I could avoid ever having to call Poison Control! Well my parenting ego was destroyed the other day! Evan got a hold of his vitamins, which he loves, and ate 10-15 vitamins before we noticed. Thankfully that was all that was in the bottle or I'm sure he'd have eaten more. And what the heck? How come the bottle isn't child proof!? He opened it on his own the crazy kid. We made the call to Poison Control and were reassured that less then 15 should be ok...more than 15 can be toxic! Phew... He's doing ok now and we're relieved. What a rascal!


5 people who like me:

Jenny said...

So, did you take the picture before or after you called poison control? Haha! The picture is cute! Liam did the exact same thing-they really are a lot like each other.

The Breckons said...

Emily -- Here is the confession of a terrible parent ... I've had to call poison control THREE times for Abi ... little stinker!! I am afraid to EVER call again for fear they will turn me into CPS! She has gotten into Children's Motrin, Children's Claritin and Dishwasher Detergent. Love it!

Wendy said...

Darn those vitamins that taste like candy.

I can't believe Carter is crawling already. I feel like he was just born.

Proud Momma said...

I don't blame him...why do they have to make those things so dang yummy?

Collett Family said...

Kids will get into things no matter what you do. I am glad he is alright. We are glad you guys had a great trip.